Thank you for taking an interest in Goodwood Baptist Football Club. We are very excited and look forward to seeing what dynamic you can add to our team. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of what our values are as a team and what our aim is as a fellowship group.
We are a Christian-based organisation, playing under the banner of Goodwood Baptist Church, who first and foremost strive to play the game in a spirit that would glorify our Lord Jesus Christ. We would like to make it clear that it is not a requirement to be a Christian to play for GBFC and in no way will you be forced to participate in anything you do not feel comfortable with. We do however ask that you respect those who do partake.
• Respect to fellow players, both in our team and for opposition.
• Accountability, please let somebody know if you are unable to attend a practice session or game.
• Self control, all disputes within the team are to be brought to the captain or spiritual leader of the team. On game day, all arguments are to be addressed to the captain/vice captain and they will convey it to the referee.
• No swearing or profane language at practice or on game day.
• No chirping at the referee, opposition or fellow players.
• We endeavour to apply love, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and gentleness in our conduct both on and off the field.
• Excellence - we always give our all in each practice session and game, we never give up and congratulate opposition for their good performance.
• The ambassadors trophy is our main goal each season. It is handed to the team who displays the best conduct and most Christ-like behaviour on the field. Limit cardings please.
We hope that this gives you a better understanding of what we are about. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.